Let me caveat this post! This spinach artichoke dip, my friends, is NOT, I repeat, NOT healthy lol. However, it is DAMN good. There is a lot of various cheeses involved in this bad boy that make it tasty tasty. I don’t typically exaggerate about the goodness of something, but this is really good – I promise!!!
Not only is it super good, it’s really easy to whip up. It’s perfect for parties because you can prep it all the day/night before, popping it in the oven about 30 mins before serving! When I serve it, I always put it in a crockpot after baking to keep it warm. You can always put your dish on a hot plate or even just leave it out with no additional heat.
Baked Spinach Artichoke:
The ingridents – Mayo (Hellman’s DUH – Miracle Whip is NOT allowed), Philedelphia cream cheese (room temperature), frozen chopped spinach (thawed), kosher salt, garlic, shredded mozzarella, shredded parmesan, shredded four cheese blend (under the parm in the pic above), fresh basil and of course, artichokes!!!
FINELY dice up 2 – 4 garlic cloves. Make sure you chop it up really really tiny.
Dice up about 2 – 3 tablespoons of the fresh basil
In to a mixing bowl, drop in 3 bricks of Philly cream cheese, 3/4 cups of shredded parm cheese and 3/4 cups of the shredded four cheese blend, add in your chopped garlic and basil, a few shakes of kosher salt, then finally add the 3/4 cups of Hellman’s mayo
Mix these all together
Then you add in 1.5 cups of chopped spinach and mix again!
Drain your artichoke hearts and pulse in the food processor until diced – I like to use arctichokes that are already quartered in the can. You should use three 14 oz cans or 42 oz if you find the jar. I get my jar from Sam’s club and add a can. If you care to, you can chop the hearts up by hand, it’s just kinda messy.
You guessed it, toss in and mix again!
Spray or grease baking dish that’s large enough for the dip. Pour dip into the dish. Next cover in the shredded mozzarella. I also sprinkle some more of the shredded four cheese on top of the mozz, too. You can put as much or as little mozz and four cheese on top! When you are done, you can either bake immediately or cover with tin foil and place in the fridge until you are ready to bake it.
Bake at 350º for about 25 – 35 mins or until brown around the edges and bubbly on top.
I place mine in the crockpot (you can see it kinda by the baking dish in pic two) or you can serve directly from the baking dish – it’s totally your choice! But once it’s out, serve with tortilla chips, pita, bread or crackers immediately! Hope you enjoy 🙂
Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip:
Servings: 12 (the whole recipe is divisible by 3 to cut the serving size down if you need to)
- Cutting board
- Baking dish
- Stand mixer or hand mixer and a large bowl
- Food processor (if you want to use it for the artichoke hearts)
- 3 bricks of Philadelphia Cream Cheese – ROOM TEMP!
- 1.5 cups of frozen (pretty thawed) diced spinach
- 3 cans of 14 oz quartered artichoke hearts (approx 42 oz)
- 3/4 cups of Hellman’s Mayo
- 3/4 cups of shredded parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cups of shredded four cheese blend
- 2 – 4 cloves of diced garlic
- Approximately 3 TBS of diced fresh basil
- Kosher salt
- Shredded mozzarella and four cheese blend for topping
- Pam or greasing agent
- Dice garlic cloves & basil
- Place cream cheese bricks, mayo, parmesan, four cheese blend, garlic and basil in a mixing bowl. Add a few shakes of kosher salt – then mix thoroughly
- Add the spinach into the bowl and mix again
- Drain and dice your artichoke hearts either in a food processor or by hand (I prefer food processor because by hand is messy). Then toss them into the bowl and mix everything together until it is all combined and creamy
- Spray a baking dish with Pam or grease it
- Pour the dip into the dish. Then cover the dip with the shredded mozzarella and sprinkle on the left over shredded four cheese – you can add as much or as little cheese on top, but lets be honest, the more cheese, the better
- Bake at 350º for about 25 – 35 minutes until cheese is brown around the edges and slightly bubbly
- Either serve immediately from the dish or transfer to a crockpot for serving – I use a crockpot
This Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip is going to become one of your party go-to’s for sure. Whether it’s for a big game (like Super Bowl Sunday), summer bbq or during the holiday season, people will love it when you bust out this spin dip! Hope you enjoy it!
Wet Hair, Don’t Care
I have to make this for super bowl Sunday! Thanks for the recipe! 🙂